We purchased Varidome S3 with Dual Spray System for use in oil seed rape and sugar beet to help us control our worst weed, black grass, as well as volunteer OSR or weed beet. Utilising RTK GPS, we could drill both crops at maximum accuracy with a row spacing of 50cm. We use the same A-B lines for the Varidome and band spray a desiccant, such as Diquat, between the rows and the prescribed chemical on the row all at the same time. If done at an early growth stage, Varidome can reduce your chemical costs by up to 60%. With the saving in chemicals, as well as the increase in yield potential on both growing crop and subsequent crops, this machine can see a payback time of as little as two years.Edd Banks, Partner
Thomas Banks & Partners
Varidome is a range of shielded, low-volume inter-row sprayers for eradicating weeds growing in between rows and wheeling areas. Varidome is suitable for use in oil seed rape, sugar beet, maize, onions, carrots, parsnips, leeks and other crops including ornamentals, herbs and tree nurseries.
Varidome design incorporates shielded heads which can be individually adjusted to allow operators to treat variable inter-row widths. The toolbar configuration can also be easily changed to fit different row widths and bed heights.
Varidome is available in the following options:
Varidome S1 - the single section unit which allows growers to spray inter-row widths from 80mm to 800mm and bed widths from 1.3m to 2m wide. Varidome S1 comes with a choice of CDA (Controlled Droplet Application) or hydraulic pressure nozzle heads.
Varidome S3 is Micron's three section unit for treating inter-row widths from 170mm to 700mm and maximum working width of 6 metres. The S3 sprayer is equipped with hydraulic pressure nozzles.
Varidome S5 can spray up to 9 metres a pass and is fitted with hydraulic pressure nozzles which can be individually adjusted to treat inter-row widths of 170mm - 700mm.
- Varidome Brochure (English) (PDF 670 Kb)
- Varidome Brochure (Español) (PDF 663 Kb)
- Varidome Brochure (Français) (PDF 663 Kb)
- Precision Band Spraying (English) (PDF 38 Kb)
- Varidome Testimonial (English) (PDF 185 Kb)
- Shielded sprayer for ornamental horticulture to be presented
- Micron launches Varidome band sprayer for vegetables
- Micron to unveil its latest innovations at Cereals
- Micron sets the bar higher at Lamma 2014
- Varidome S5 Technical Walk-through
- Micron at Lamma 2014
- Micron Varidome goes round the world
- Varidome S5 - setting the trend in precision farming
- Micron to launch the new Varidome S5 sprayer at LAMMA 2013
- Varidome S3 halves herbicide use
- Varidome S1 video
- Micron to unveil the new three section band sprayer at LAMMA 2012
- Technical Papers
|Varidome S1||Varidome S3||Varidome S5|
12 volt 3 amp supply; Single hydraulic service
|12 volt 3 amp supply; Min. 3 hydraulic services||12 volt 3 amp supply; Min 3 hydraulic services|
|Tank Capacity:||Single: 100 and 200 L||
Single: 400, 600 and 1000L
Dual: 1800L (1050/750L)
Single: 600 and 1000L
Dual: 1800L (1050/750L)
|Vehicle Mounting:||3 point linkage: CAT2, front or rear||3 point linkage: CAT2, front or rear||3 point linkage: CAT2, rear only|
|Spraying System:||CDA or hydraulic pressure nozzle||Hydraulic pressure nozzle||Hydraulic pressure nozzle|
|Inter-row Width:||80mm - 800mm||170mm - 700mm||170mm - 700mm|
|Working Width:||Up to 3m||Up to 6m||Up to 9m|
|Min Tractor Requirement:||50 HP||100 HP||120 HP|